cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Digital Media System 4.1 - Digital Signage

brendand05
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently implemented Cisco Digital Media System 4.1 (Digital Signage Module) for a client and have been extremely disappointed at the quality of the product.

Very BASIC features appear to be missing from the product, and we have discovered numerous bugs. I do not get the impression that it is a finished product.

I understand that Cisco will be releasing version 5.0 shortly. Does anyone have any infomation on the changes in version 5.0 or an expected release date?

Thanks

(note: I am dealing with the Digital Signage Module only, so I cannot speak for the Video features)

3 Replies 3

scarpenter
Level 1
Level 1

I agree 100%. Very disappointed. The Digital Media Designer is very basic and very limited with functions and features. RSS feed control is basic. Overall not to impressed for the amount of $$$. I hope 5.0 is a huge improvement.

Charles Little
Level 1
Level 1

You are not alone in your opinion. The DMD is pretty clunky and useless. We gave up trying to use it. We code our apps with HTML and Javascript. You are correct in thinking that it seems Cisco pushed DMS out the door before it was really ready for market. That was my opinion also. I guess they had their reasons. I've seen the roadmap for the product so I am of the belief that in a few years they will have surpassed most of their competitors and worked out the issues.

5.0 released today. Upgrades will not be available until the end of the month. You can check out the new features on the Cisco website. Its a complete re-design of the GUI. We shall see just how much a step forward it is for the product set.

phil.monk
Level 1
Level 1

I too hope the bugs will get ironed out very soon. It's making me look bad.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: