Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco IP Communicator disable Headset

Hello,

my Costomer wants to use Cisco Jabber. The Problem is that he need Pickup and Hlog in the Jabber Client and so we have also installed Cisco IP Communicator on the Client PCs.

The Problem is now that the electronic Hook Switch (EHS) in the Headset uses first the IPC and not the Jabber for Windows Client so that the enduser gets the Call in the IPCommunicator.

I tried to select the windows default or other Audio Sources in the IPC but when it seem so that the EHS still controls the IPCommunicxator and not the Jabber Client. Then the audio comes out of the speakers of the pc and you can push the headstet button to go on or offhook.

When the IPCommunicator is closed everything is working fine the enduser can push the button on his/her headset and has the call accepted in the jabber client.

I'm looking for a solution to use the Jabber for Windows and the Cisco IPCommunicator on the same PC and Control only the Jabber for Windows Client with my Headset.

So the EHS should be disabled for IPC like it is possible in Jabber wit the <EnableAccessoriesManager>

regards

Marco

Views
Helpful
Replies