cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Video Advantage and Polycom Viewstation MP

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

I have been assigned the task of setting up videoconferencing between our Polycom ViewStation MP and our desktop Unified video advantage. I have built out the H.323 device our Call Manager 5.1, and I have the video conference unit in the same subnet and vlan. I have assigned the DN to the VC unit. When I call the videoconference unit the call does get picked up by the videoconf unit but after a few seconds the line rings fast busy and the call does not complete.

When I check the logs on the viewstation the message reads "network error".

Any suggestions? I think I am missing some setting on the Polycom viewstation, just not sure where?

Any assistance would be great!

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

Do you have a pix/firewall in in your network .The polycom uses H.323 to communicate between both sites.H.323 uses a single fixed TCP port (1720) to start a call using the H.225 protocol (defined by H.323 spec) for call control.The PIX administrator must open a conduit for the well-known H323 port 1720 for the H225 call signaling. think you need to open some ports like the 1720.

Hello and thank you for your post. We were trying to conduct the video within the LAN, not over the WAN, between the Video Advantage Cisco video product and the Polycom viewstation MP. Do you have any experience with tying those two pieces together?

Pls let me know.

And thanks again.

Rgds,

Vicky

suneelwaqas
Level 1
Level 1

Kindly confirm from polycom.is view station is capable of intergrated with CCM 5.1 ?we have done on LAN with polycom vxs7000 series.It require some software upgrade of polycom device and also need some setting in call manager end.

Suneel Waqas

Network Engineer

Wateen Telecom (pvt) Ltd.

I just heard back from my maintenance people and the Polycom Viewstation is not capable of being integrated with CCM 5.1. We have one office in Watertown MA that has a VSX 7000 unit. Can you tell me what settings would be required in the VSX polycom to set this up? What software release did you need to upgrade to?

Thank you for your feedback.

Rgds,

Vicky

For software upgrade of VSX7000, you may search/contact polycom. after upgradion, ur VC VSX7000 become IP video phone and cannot able to dial through IP. and you will add this into CCM as you add normaily IP phone with DN. Keep in mind after upgradtion and addition in CCM, your VSX7000 cannot perform dialing dialing through IP address. for do this , u must revert back its software. You cannot do this without the help of Polycom online support.

I would suggest you contact with polycom for above exercise..

Regards,

Suneel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: