cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity

fgeta
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problem to integrate Cisco Unity with Lotus Domino messaging on i-series server. Your assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

Brad Martin
Level 3
Level 3

This is the information we got from our IBM rep. If you have any different information, please let me know.

Per our conversation yesterday, Domino Unified Communications Services (DUCS) is not supported natively on i5/OS (nor OS/400). DUCS requires that the Domino mail server be running on the same system as the DUCS programs. Therefore, the Domino mail server has to move from i5/OS (OS/400) to a DUCS supported platform which could be AIX on a POWER5 or later iSeries model or to Wintel.

I have passed this information forward every time I have had this request for the past 2-3 years. Apparently, even though iSeries is the second largest Domino platform, it is deemed that iSeries doesn't need DUCS.

Phonesoft is an alternative for customer who are running Domino on i5/OS and would like to keep it there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: