Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Unity

I am having problem to integrate Cisco Unity with Lotus Domino messaging on i-series server. Your assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Cisco Unity

This is the information we got from our IBM rep. If you have any different information, please let me know.

Per our conversation yesterday, Domino Unified Communications Services (DUCS) is not supported natively on i5/OS (nor OS/400). DUCS requires that the Domino mail server be running on the same system as the DUCS programs. Therefore, the Domino mail server has to move from i5/OS (OS/400) to a DUCS supported platform which could be AIX on a POWER5 or later iSeries model or to Wintel.

I have passed this information forward every time I have had this request for the past 2-3 years. Apparently, even though iSeries is the second largest Domino platform, it is deemed that iSeries doesn't need DUCS.

Phonesoft is an alternative for customer who are running Domino on i5/OS and would like to keep it there.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content