cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM Discard Digit Instructions Not stripping correctly

TODD BERGMAN
Level 1
Level 1

I have a route pattern that would like to strip down to 10 digit dialing but it doesn't remove the 1.

Test phone number is masked for privacy.

Details:

1. CallManager ver 4.1.3sr5d

2. No recent changes to route patterns. We did rearrange CSS and PTS to set ourselves up for toll-by-pass. We are a Central Call Processing install with 5 remote locations. We are planning on taking advantage of local toll call savings utilizing the voicegateway's located in all locations.

3. This will be a change to the dialplan and thus create the first route pattern as a test. The dialed number analyzer is currently what we are using to test with.

4. No errors just not correct output from Dialed number analyzer.

The issue is I am using the PreDot 11D->10D DDI.

The dialed number analyzer is telling me that my final Called party Transformation is Called Number = 1610392XXXX . The location is 10 digit dialing I do not need the 1.

Below is a report from the dialed number analyzer.

Call Flow

Results Summary

Calling Party Information

Calling Party = 8080

Partition = zeeland_pt

Device CSS = Zeeland

Line CSS = Zeeland

AAR Group Name =

AARCSS = Zeeland

Dialed Digits = 91610392XXXX

Match Result = RouteThisPattern

Matched Pattern Information

Pattern = 9.1610392XXXX

Partition = allentown-tollbypass-pt

Time Schedule =

Called Party Number = 1610392XXXX

Time Zone =

End Device = Allentown_Local

Call Classification = OffNet

InterDigit Timeout = NO

Allow Device Override = Disabled

Outside Dial Tone

PlayedAfter = 91

Route Pattern :Pattern= 9.1610392XXXX

Positional Match List = 1610392XXXX

DialPlan = North American Numbering Plan

Route Filter

Filter Name =

Filter Clause =

Require Forced Authorization Code = No

Authorization Level = 0

Require Client Matter Code = No

Call Classification = OffNet

PreTransform Calling Party Number = 8080

PreTransform Called Party Number = 916103922219

Calling Party Transformations

External Phone Number Mask = NO

Calling Party Mask =

Prefix =

CallingLineId Presentation = Default

CallingName Presentation = Default

Calling Party Number = 8080

ConnectedParty Transformations

ConnectedLineId Presentation = Default

ConnectedName Presentation = Default

Called Party Transformations

Called Party Mask =

Discard Digits Instruction = PreDot 11D->10D

Prefix =

Called Number = 1610392XXXX

7 Replies 7

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

try to make the pattren like

1.610392XXXX

instead of

1610392XXXX

because u have the line bellwo:

Discard Digits Instruction = PreDot 11D->10D

Prefix =

Called Number = 1610392XXXX

and good luck

users dial 9 for outside then 1610392XXXX however the local calling area for 610 is 10 digit dialing so I must remove the 1. But here is a stupid question. If you dial a 1 and the number and the number you are dialing is a local call do you get a toll charge? If not I can probably just leave the 1 on there.

You should not get a toll charge in this scenario, but you might check with the carrier. You could also make your pattern 91.610392XXXX and use a PreDot DDI.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

OK that is an idea that worked. Thank you.

Can you explain to me in a little more detail why the PreDot 11D->10D doesn't produce the number I was looking for?

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

yes i think easier

Most DDIs apply only to route patterns that use the @ wildcard such as 9.@. PreDot is an exception.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

This is correct. The basic DDI's do the following:

NoDigits - Strips nothing. What you dial is what is presented. Note that digit string is prepended by the information in the Prefix digits section.

PreDot - removes everything before the . in your route pattern or translation pattern (ex: 912345.X would be X).

PreAt - strips everything before the @ sign, which represents any valid NANP number. (ex: 912345@ would change 9123456102234345 to 6102234345)

Trailing-# - strips the trailing terminating character (#). This is helpful with variable length dial plans (such as those for international calls).

Having said that, the rest of the DDIs will do the above, plus manipulate the @ sign.

You're example would have to setup as 9.@ with the DDI of PreDot 11D -> 10D to achieve what you want (using that DDI).

One note here is that @ is a POWERFUL wildcard. It opens up the dial plan and permits all valid NANP Numbers (Service, local, national, etc). To limit it, you should at a Route filter that would look for that area code. I believe it will filter out (reject) calls that match the filter. Having said that, you will probably want to have the 9.@ listed 2 times, the first with the filter and no DDI (Depending on the calling search space that it is in, you might set that pattern to block (to ensure that the user's aren't permitted to dial LD numbers). The second Route pattern would be the same (9.@) except you would remove the filter and add the PreDot 11D > 10D DDI.

Another Possibility is this:

route pattern 9.1610XXXXXXX with the PreDot DDI and a called party transform mask of XXXXXXXXXX. The Xs digits (place holders) are from right to left. So, if you have an 11 digit route pattern with a 10 X mask, it will drop the 1.

Please advise if this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: