Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Confused with the results in my lab . someone please explain.

i have a cucm (version 7.1.5) on a MCS server CUCM_PUB (192.168.61.1) connected to switch in vlan 61 . a phone registered with it is phone C (1000)

i have a router H_MGCP connected to switch in vlan 61 . which is  an mgcp router controlled by CUCM_PUB . EIGRP is enabled.

I have a router B_CME connected to switch in vlan 62 .it also has a serial link to H_MGCP.     this router is a CME . a phone registered with it is phone B (4000). EIGRP is enabled.

The switch has inter vlan routing enabled .

2 gateways are registered in CUCM_PUB .

one of them is MGCP gateway H_MGCP.   status (registered)

other one is H323 gateway B_CME .

there is  a dial peer in B_CME:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 1...                                             (to phone C)

session-target ipv4:192.168.61.1

CUCM_PUB has a route pattern 4XXX pointing to B_CME.                                       (to phone B)

call is going from phone C to phone B . but call is not going from B to C .

all gateways , CUCM , switch ... are able to ping each other .

traceroute from B_CME to CUCM_PUB ....shows result that packet is going via H_MGCP (due to EIGRP's path selection)...although it can directly go via switch also.

traceroute from CUCM_PUB to B_CME ....shows result that packet is going  via H_MGCP (due to default gateway in CUCM_PUB is H_MGCP)...

what i did : created a static route on B_CME .. to reach CUCM_PUB (61.1) ...next hop address ..switche's IP address (for vlan 62) .

result : CALL from C to B as well as from B to C successful .

can someone please explain why call was not going from B to C via H_MGCP ??

according to 'someone' .. in case of call originating on B_CME ...  the CME searches an ethernet path ... whereas the Path to CUCM_PUB learnt by B_CME is through serial port . so call fails.  I am unaware of this , so i got more confused . someone please help .

Sorry for no screenshots ..but i guess i explained the problem .

Views
Helpful
Replies