Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting CME 2801 to CM

nikalleyne
Level 1
Level 1

Morning Guys,

On my local LAN my CME (2801) is working fine, I can call other IP Phones as well as soft phones. I now wish to connect to Call Manager - This is also working fine.

both IPs can be pinged successfully from the respective devices. How do I go about connecting the CME to the CM so as to ensure I can communicate fully with both ends?

All help appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

This sounds like a codec issue. The phones are ringing or they only ring once (in case of analog for example) and then once someone picks it up it fails. Can you check the codec used on the call manager? You can find this under System -> Region. Check which codec is configured between the phone and the H323 GW. If the call still fails enable the following debugs:

debug h225 asn1

debug h245 asn1

debug voice ccapi inout

disable console logging:

term no mon

conf t

no logging console

logging buffered 5000000 debugging

And then place a call and collect the logging buffer contents:

sh log

Copy the dialpeer config for me too please.

Best regards,

Apor

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

akurucz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You will need to configure the following:

Gateway:

Add both incoming and outgoing dialpeers on the CME router. For example:

dial-peer voice 100 voip
incoming called-number .
codec g711ulaw
dtmf-relay h245-al

>>> This will match any incoming call and use G711ulaw codec for them.

dial-peer voice 100 voip
destionation-pattern 1...
session target ipv4:10.1.1.1
codec g711ulaw
dtmf-relay h245-al

>>> This dialpeer will route all calls with 4 digit called numbers starting with 1 to 10.1.1.1 using H323 protocol and will use g711ulaw codec for them.

(The codec should be the same on the call manager!)

Call manager:

Now call manager will only accept calls from devices which it knows. So we need to go to the call manager and configure the GW there.

Device -> Gateway -> Add new -> Select H323

For devicename add the ip address of the CME GW. Select a devicepool and click save.

After this call routing in one direction should work.

In order to be able to place calls from the call manager to the GW we need to add a route pattern:

Call routing -> Route / Hunt -> Route pattern -> Add new

For the route pattern configure a pattern using which you would like to reach the CME for example if you have 2XXX it will match all the 4 digit numbers starting with 2 and send it to what we configure:

Gateway/Route List: Configure the gws ip address

Select Call Classification: OnNet

and

Uncheck provide outside dialtone

Here are a couple of links which might be useful:

CUCM:

Call routing: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/b03rtpat.html
Gateway config: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/b06gtway.html#wp1311511

GW:

Dialpeer matching: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010ae1c.shtml

Hope it help.

Best regards,
Apor

Apor,

We are doing good so far. However, I was only successful at having the call one way. The phone on the CME can ring the phone on the CM however it does not work vice versa. Also, even though the CME can call the CM, once the phone on the CM picks up the calls changes to Unknown Number. Do you know what I may be missing. Also, do I have to specify a device pool. We did that but it did not help anway.

dial-peer voice 100 voip
description **** CONNECTED TO CALL MANAGER ****
preference 1
destination-pattern 3...
session target ipv4:10.1.5.11
incoming called-number .
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!
!
!
telephony-service
max-ephones 30
max-dn 150
ip source-address 192.168.21.253 port 2000
time-format 24
date-format yy-mm-dd
create cnf-files version-stamp 7960 Nov 23 2010 10:31:09
max-conferences 4 gain -6
transfer-system full-consult
transfer-pattern 3...

!

Hi Apor,

I now have the phones ringing at both ends, however, once the call is picked up on either end you get the message Unknow Number.

Any thoughts?

Hi,

This sounds like a codec issue. The phones are ringing or they only ring once (in case of analog for example) and then once someone picks it up it fails. Can you check the codec used on the call manager? You can find this under System -> Region. Check which codec is configured between the phone and the H323 GW. If the call still fails enable the following debugs:

debug h225 asn1

debug h245 asn1

debug voice ccapi inout

disable console logging:

term no mon

conf t

no logging console

logging buffered 5000000 debugging

And then place a call and collect the logging buffer contents:

sh log

Copy the dialpeer config for me too please.

Best regards,

Apor

Apor,

You are the man! The CM had the codec defined as G.729 defined in the under System -> Region. As a result I changed the dial-peer on the CME config from g711ulaw to the G729 and this took care of the issue immediately.

Thanks for the assistance.

Nik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: