cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Digital Media System Reporting Capabilities

jerry.hawn
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to use the Digital Media System in a live ad environment such as digital signage. My question is are there any ways to report how many times a digital "ad" has played, and if so is it time and date stamped? Has anyone had any experience in this arena?

5 Replies 5

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Digital media is today the most compelling and effective way for organizations to communicate with customers, employees, partners, or students about important news, information, training, or events; it is effective because it brings both intimacy and immediacy to communications and information.

Studies show that people are far more likely to engage and retain information they can both see and hear. With digital media, large amounts of often complicated information can be absorbed and remembered easily. And digital media is versatile; it draws viewers in whether the content is marketing, internal communications, training, advertising, or entertainment materials. Through digital media, organizations can deliver information that is fresh and compelling to viewers in a timely and proficient way.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/video/ps9339/ps7063/ps7066/prod_brochure0900aecd80537ce5_ps7063_Products_Brochure.html

Usual random cut&paste reply from smahbub above, rated as such.

I get the concept smahbub. But it doesn't relate to the question. Is there a reporting function available for the digital media product line?

Charles Little
Level 1
Level 1

Jerry

Yes you can pull "proof of play" reports with the Cisco Digital Media Manager Digital Signage Module

PJRichardson
Level 1
Level 1

To add a bit to what Charles wrote,

In addition to PoP (Proof of Play, works when SysLog is configured on centrally managed DMPs), there are additional reporting mechanisms inside the main Mgr (DMM), which can create reports on the fly based on groups of DMPs, individual DMPs, and/or calendar dates/times.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: