Customer has Publisher and a single Subscriber running version 4.1.3 SR1.
Customer requires upgrade to 6.1.2 using new MCS hardware. I want to make sure that I use the correct method for
upgrading to 6.1.2 on the new servers.
This is an overview of how I plan to carry out the upgrade:
1) Backup existing Publisher database using BARS
2) Install 4.1.3 SR1 on one of the new MCS servers which will be the Publisher
3) Install BARS on the new MCS server (using same version of BARS that was used to backup
current Publisher database in step 1)
4) Use BARS Restore to restore the database of the existing Publisher onto the new one.
5) Install DMA on the new Publisher MCS server.
6) Run DMA to export data from new Publisher.
Is the above the correct way to export data from the current Publisher
I'm wondering (that instead of carrying out the above method) if I should export the data directly from the existig Publisher ie by installing DMA on the existing Publisher then running DMA export. This would save me a lot
of time as it means that I don't need to carry out steps 2) to 6). I don't know if this is a feasable option.
Please could anybody who has done this type of upgrade advise me on which method they used for DMA?
Are both methods feasable - I could not find any details on CCO
Re: DMA options when upgrading on new MCS hardware
You cannot use BARS for this
I just did this:
1) Install DMA on current Publisher - requires reboot
2) Run DMA on current publisher - Note the publisher cannot do any call processing during this time - Took me about an hour and a half. Note that if there are errors you may have to fix them before you can use the file and rerun DMA. If you get errors I would open a TAC case to see if they need fixing.
3) Put the DMA output file from step 2 on an FTP server (I think you can also burn it to CD)
4) Use the 6.1(2) to start the install on the new hardware. During install it will ask you if you want to import old data, say yes and point it at the location of the data
You have reached the Cisco Logistics Support Center.. To Check Status of
your RMA, visit Product Returns & Replacements (RMA). Need help? Contact
us by Phone or Email. North Americas Phone: 1800 553 2447 Option 4
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Europe Phone: +3...
The short answer is that you don't.... That isn't entirely true while at
the same time it kind of is, but for the most part you don't configure
the softkeys. You enable or disable them via TCL. Here is the long
answer. Be sure to read the whole thing or e...
Topology: IP Phone > Switches > Microsoft NPS setup to forward 802.1x
proxy to > ISE 2.1 patch 3 Authentication: EAP-TLS using Cisco MIC SANs
Phone Models 802.1X support? 802.1x flavor Addtl Comment EAP-MD5 EAP-TLS
Cisco 3905 Y Y N Cisco 6911 Y Y N Cisco ...