Views
Helpful
Replies

DMA options when upgrading on new MCS hardware

gsidhu
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Customer has Publisher and a single Subscriber running version 4.1.3 SR1.

Customer requires upgrade to 6.1.2 using new MCS hardware. I want to make sure that I use the correct method for

upgrading to 6.1.2 on the new servers.

This is an overview of how I plan to carry out the upgrade:

1) Backup existing Publisher database using BARS

2) Install 4.1.3 SR1 on one of the new MCS servers which will be the Publisher

3) Install BARS on the new MCS server (using same version of BARS that was used to backup

current Publisher database in step 1)

4) Use BARS Restore to restore the database of the existing Publisher onto the new one.

5) Install DMA on the new Publisher MCS server.

6) Run DMA to export data from new Publisher.

Is the above the correct way to export data from the current Publisher

I'm wondering (that instead of carrying out the above method) if I should export the data directly from the existig Publisher ie by installing DMA on the existing Publisher then running DMA export. This would save me a lot

of time as it means that I don't need to carry out steps 2) to 6). I don't know if this is a feasable option.

Please could anybody who has done this type of upgrade advise me on which method they used for DMA?

Are both methods feasable - I could not find any details on CCO

Thanks

Gurmakh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

joel
Level 1
Level 1

I did some upgrades recently and I used DMA to backup from my CCM4.1.3 and on my new MCS I installed 6.0 and used the DMA option to restore. You should not need steps 2-6.

:JoeL

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

joel
Level 1
Level 1

I did some upgrades recently and I used DMA to backup from my CCM4.1.3 and on my new MCS I installed 6.0 and used the DMA option to restore. You should not need steps 2-6.

:JoeL

Thanks Joel

Nathan Spitzer
Level 1
Level 1

You cannot use BARS for this

I just did this:

1) Install DMA on current Publisher - requires reboot

2) Run DMA on current publisher - Note the publisher cannot do any call processing during this time - Took me about an hour and a half. Note that if there are errors you may have to fix them before you can use the file and rerun DMA. If you get errors I would open a TAC case to see if they need fixing.

3) Put the DMA output file from step 2 on an FTP server (I think you can also burn it to CD)

4) Use the 6.1(2) to start the install on the new hardware. During install it will ask you if you want to import old data, say yes and point it at the location of the data

5) Complete the install

6) Your done...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: