Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DMM and Show 'n' Share (Video Portal)

I have a couple of questions about Cisco show'n'share (or Video Portal as it was known). We have serveral remote sites connected through low speed links to the central office. The remote routers all have WAAS modules.

We are looking to use Cisco show'n'share for an e-learning portal to deliver video training content to staff members.

We have currently configured the Cisco show'n'share server to host the video content published by our e-learning staff member.

It's seems that original media files are converted to flash by the show'n'share server.

Q1.    Can I use WAAS to preposition on-demand videos uploaded in Cisco show'n'share to pre-cache these videos to remote sites?

WAAS will cache the flash content once the video has been played once, so the second time the video is delievered from the WAAS DRE cache rather than the remote show'n'share server.

I've read document that will allow me to preposition content using window media files, but I need an external windows media server to acheive this.

Q2.    If the content is flash, do I need to use an external flash video server to be able to preposition the content?

Q3.    Can I use the Digital Media Player to play the on-demand videos from the show'n'share server?

Regards

Mike.

Everyone's tags (4)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content