Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Does a need a CCM for a System 3500 Videocoferencing system or similar ?

Hi,

One of my customer asked me for a CISCO based Videoconferencing system for their meeting rooms. They want that system to be CISCO specific, but currently, customer has NOT Call Manager, he has an AVAYA PBX and phone are based on Avaya. Of course, he has Cisco Gateways, but not other Cisco element on their architecture.

AS fas as I known, Cisco videoconferencing systems needs a CCM on the infraestructure... Is that a strictic pre-requisite ? I meant.. Could I use a cisco videconferencing system with no CCM ? Does cisco videoncerencing system works with standar SIP protocols so I can connect other elements to that videoconferencing system (ie, sotfphones using SIP and stand H.264 / H.264) ? Finally.. could I use CiscoVideoconfering systems to call other external standar videconferencing system using PRI or BRI (ie, another customer Polycom or Sony based Videoconference System) or it is only valid for other Cisco systems ? Is the connectiong based only on TCP/IP network or could a PRI/BRI interface be used ?

Thks

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Does a need a CCM for a System 3500 Videocoferencing system

Hi, the Cisco based Videoconferencing system is fully integrable with a Call Manager based IP Telephony system and it offers several advantages integrating it but it isn't necessary, you can have a videoconferencing system without a Call Manager.

Take a look at the videoconferencing design guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/cuvc/design/guides/srnd/vc5xsrnd.html

This guide explains the components needed (MCU, gateway,...), the deployment models you can use and the interoperability with other protocols (SIP, ...).

Regards

Hope this helps, if so pls rate post

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content