cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 PRI C1760V - unable to config pri-group timeslots 1-8,16

ccpagel
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to set-up a C1760 voice gateway with a VWIC-1MFT-E1 connecting to an ISDN30 PRI (E1)pri-group timeslots 1-8,16 on the controller E1 I get the following message:

%Controller tdm clock does not have data capability

Any idea's why I can't do this???

Thanks,

Chris

Cisco IOS Software, C1700 Software (C1700-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(10a),

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(7r)XM2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

System returned to ROM by reload

System image file is "flash:c1700-advipservicesk9-mz.124-10a.bin"

Cisco 1760 (MPC860P) processor (revision 0x500) with 180224K/16384K bytes of mem

ory.

1 Ethernet interface

1 FastEthernet interface

1 Channelized E1/PRI port

32K bytes of NVRAM.

32768K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

Whenever I try to configure

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

This behavior is only seen when the c1751 or c1760 voice gateway has a T1/E1 VWIC installed and the T1/E1 controller is in a DOWN state, either due to an actual outage or even due to administrative shutdown. The T1/E1 controller can be set up for a voice pri-group, voice ds0-group, data channel-group, or even nothing at all -- the key is that the controller is DOWN. Once the T1/E1 controller is brought back up the OUT STATus for all POTS dial-peer will return to an UP state and calls may terminate again on those POTS dial-peers.

Workaround:

===========

Configure the command no dial-peer outbound status-check pots in global config mode.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

This behavior is only seen when the c1751 or c1760 voice gateway has a T1/E1 VWIC installed and the T1/E1 controller is in a DOWN state, either due to an actual outage or even due to administrative shutdown. The T1/E1 controller can be set up for a voice pri-group, voice ds0-group, data channel-group, or even nothing at all -- the key is that the controller is DOWN. Once the T1/E1 controller is brought back up the OUT STATus for all POTS dial-peer will return to an UP state and calls may terminate again on those POTS dial-peers.

Workaround:

===========

Configure the command no dial-peer outbound status-check pots in global config mode.

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

Do you have any DSPs in the router?

If memory serves the PVDMs should be listed on a show version. show voice dsp will give you more detail.

You need at least 8 DSP channels.

Please rate helpful posts.

The issues was resolved by placing the VWIC-1MFT in slot 0 of the 1760 (rather than a voice slot).

The router did have DSP's, but would only allow data configurations in the E1 when install in a voice VWIC slot.

Actually, all 1760's four slots are voice slots.

But, only slot 0 and 1 are also supporting data.

So, a VWIC that is to be used for data, must be placed in these, as you have found yourself.