Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax Problem

m-haddad
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

We have a fax machine connected to an FXS port. Many times the fax machine port does not go down (Hang Up) after receiving or sending a fax. Therefore, users when they try to use the fax machine they don't a dial tone on the fax machine.

If we leave it for sometime like 15 minutes the port seems to hangup and users are able to use the fax machine again.

THis is an intermittent problem where sometimes the fax machine runs for a week without any problem.

Any ideas are highly appreicated,

Regards,

4 Replies 4

m-haddad
Level 5
Level 5

Anybody thinks it is an IOS Issue? I have found that the client is runnig a deffered release.

I hope the upgrade would solve the problem.

Regards,

My client is having a similar issue. The vg224 that my client has has the following IOS version:

vg224-16S-M version 12.3(4)XD

My question is, can i simply upgrade to the latest, like something in the 12.4 IOS??? Is there any issues from upgrading from 12.3 to 12.4??

Any suggestions?

I do faced problem with vg-224.I am running this image:

vg224-i6s-mz.123-4.XD.bin

Can you try with this.

-vishwesh

Hello,

I have upgraded the IOS on the router to a stable version. After the upgrade the problem disappeared.

Therefore, try to upgrade the VG IOS and check if this resolves the issue.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: