Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

FXS port problem

Hello

One of my FXS port is not working.(there are 3 other fxs port in the router working fine).

The observation is - when router is reloaded, the port works for once and then do not work until next reboot of the router. Upon running "debug vpm all" and trying to make call to that port, the debug output looks like this -

22:20:10: htsp_dsp_message: SEND/RESP_SIG_STATUS: state=0xC timestamp=39357 syst

ime=8041007

22:20:10: htsp_process_event: [1/1/0, 1.2 , 36] fxsls_onhook_offhookhtsp_setup_i

nd

22:20:10: dsp_digit_collect_on: [1/1/0] packet_len=20 channel_id=128 packet_id=3

5 min_inter_delay=290 max_inter_delay=3200 mim_make_time=18 max_make_time=75 min

_brake_time=18 max_brake_time=75

22:20:10: dsp_soutput: [1/1/0]

22:20:10: htsp_process_event: [1/1/0, 1.3 , 8]

22:20:11: htsp_pre_connect_disc, cdb = 814E4004 cause = 11

I tried interchanging the module with other one within the same router too and the problem exists on the same fxs port.

What could be the problem and solution ?

Thansk in advance

regds

RAkesh

=====

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: FXS port problem

When you swap the cards and if the problem follows with the perticular FXS port on the card, the its a hardware issue with that port.

Re: FXS port problem

I'm having the same problem. Port #2 works only after a reload and only works one time. On a closer look with "show voice call summary" command, the port is off hook even though nothing is connected. "show voice port 1/0/1" command showed the port is up/up, but nothing is configured for the port (all default parameters).

This is #2 port on a 4-port FXS network module with a RJ21 port. Ports 1, 3 and 4 are working fine.

-Jim

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content