Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS WIC Card CUCM 8.5 + SRST

ssengotaiyan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Can some one help me to setup FXS WIC card with Call manager 8.5 and also used for SRST mode.

Head office :

2911 router, ISDN WIC card, FXS wic card and CUCM 8.5

Remote Site

2911 router , ISDN WIC Card ,  FXS WIC card , no call manager , enabled SRST mode.

I want to use FXS card in Remote site to send fax from remote site users. If remote site is changed to SRST mode then all fax calls should goes through local ISDN in same router.

I know if i use VG202 all works fine however here i want to use FXS card from the router itself.

Your earliest response would be appreciated.

Regards

SS

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have two options:

1. Add the ISR to CUCM as a SCCP gateway similar to how you would a VG2XX device.
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmcfg/b06gtway.html
  2. Use dial-peers on the router and add an H323 gateway or SIP trunk on the router. In this scenario the VoIP dial-peer(s) pointing to CUCM just have a higher preference (lower numeric value) than the POTS dial-peers facing toward the PSTN. In this scenario you would need to use CoR carefully to prevent a loop. The incoming VoIP dial-peer from CUCM would need to not have access to the outgoing VoIP dial-peer facing toward CUCM.

HI Jonathan

I am using first option, I have created pots for the FXS port and also assigned DN number. I used my analog phone to try outbound call from the ports. it gives the dial tome but not able to make any calls.

Also  i have already verified DP, CSS etc.

Please advise if you have any other idea.

Regards

SS

Hi

Also i want to use FXS card from the SRST router, Please help me on this, do i need to do any configuration from router side. i have added the pots from CUCM but still i am not able to make any outgoing calls.

Regards
Selva