cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gatekeeper Clustering Setup

kevin.hu
Level 3
Level 3

How do I set up a cluster that end points will point to a virtual IP, instead of primary GK in a cluster?

I ran into this problem that if the primary GK fails, secondary GK does not pick up because all our end points are statically point to the primary GK.

Of course I have change all my end point to do auto discovery and register to the secondary GK, but I don't want to do that. Please help!

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks. Since my end points are Tandberg VTC units. Do you know if they accept these alt GK messages?

"Gatekeeper through the CLI for each zone and is transmitted to endpoints via the RCF (including lightweight) and GRQ messages."

or these RCF/GRQ are only for IPTV?

aglowack
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your problem is that video endpoints don't support Alt-GK. In that environment the endpoint will register with it's primary GK, and in the RCF and GCF it will recieve a list of alternate GKs. If the primary gatekeeper fails to respond the endpoint will then register with the next GK in the list and life is good. Currently Tandberg has some code that supports Alt-GK, but I don't think they have released the code.

The only other option is to use HSRP for redundancy. If you need a paper explaining Alt-GK configuration let me know.

Alan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: