cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gatekeeper zoning

South_Lon
Level 1
Level 1

We have four sites connected using a ATM backbone with varying amounts of bandwidth to each site. We are currently trying to install a IP video conferencing system using 2600 routers as a gatekeeper/proxy. Is there a way to vary the bandwidth limit on a per site basis instead of using the bandwidth remote command which is a total of all the bandwidth in use?

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you can use the bandwidth command to specify the bandwidth allowed between the local zone and another zone such as:

gatekeeper

bandwidth total zone zone1 1000

bandwidth total zone zone2 2000

Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00800b3503.html#wp1503256

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Brandon

Thank you for you reply. But under that command it wil only let you input a local zone not a remote zone. Is there another way of doing this?

Are you using multiple gatekeepers? If so, if you configure the bandwidth for each gatekeeper's local zones with the bandwidth command, then you have accomplished your goal of limiting bandwidth based on site. You will not need to configure the bandwidth for a remote zone as it will be done locally on that gatekeeper

Brandon

Hi,

I am managing the Video conferencing project but I am struggling to select the appropriate IOS for GK and also router. Please provide some suggestion.

1. Is 2620 is enough for GK? (I am going to use 8 X 256 Video calls through Tandberg gateway)

2. Please suggest the appropriate GK IOS?

Thanks

Varatharajan