cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

gre tunnel??

saranbhatia
Level 1
Level 1

we are plaaning to set up a link from india to dubai wherein we can send live streaming video.

is something possible that we can send a unicast from india and in dubai,thrugh some device etc it gets converted into multicast??

What things i should keep in my mind to maximize the resources available??

is gre tunnel an optimum solution??if we are sending it through internet then what things i should stress upon??thanks in advance..kindly help me for my first project.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes the best thing would be you send unicast over the internet to avoid the additional overhead and complexity (although quite minor) of GRE. Then once at destination you "convert" to multicast as needed. I don't think the router will do this for you and I'm unsure what would be the right device, but certainly there are.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi Saran

If you have to stick to stringent SLA parameters like latency etc., then i would suggest for a private leased circuit.

But you need to consider whether you are going to have continuous traffic over the link or going to be on periodic basis..

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: