cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change the DHCP server IP address configuration of an IP Telephone?

vijayendran
Level 1
Level 1

I want to disallow my users from changing the DHCP server IP address stored in the IP Telephone instrument. I read in Cisco documentation that an user can type **# and then access the DHCP server IP address settings and change it as well. Is this possible? Or, is the DHCP server IP address parameter setting modifiable only in the CCM?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't think you can change the DHCP server address. You can, however, change the IP address, TFTP server address, etc. You can disable access to settings on a per phone basis by going to phone configuration in CCM admin and changing the Settings Access field to Disabled. This can also be done in bulk using BAT.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't think you can change the DHCP server address. You can, however, change the IP address, TFTP server address, etc. You can disable access to settings on a per phone basis by going to phone configuration in CCM admin and changing the Settings Access field to Disabled. This can also be done in bulk using BAT.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: