cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure meridian PBX w/PRI for outbound IPVC calls

qtyson
Level 1
Level 1

I am having issues making outbound calls behind a meridian PBX. My setup is a 3540 MCU w/a GW2P gateway module. I am using the an external gatekeeper running on a 2600 with the IP/H323 IOS.. I can make LAN-to-LAN calls without any issues. The GW is registered with the GK. Inbound calls show up on the GW but when ever we try to make an outbound call from the MCU, the gateway immediately reports an "abnormal disconnect" for that call.. We believe it is a problem with the meridian PBX being setup as a PRI. Do you know the call signal, on the PBX, that matches the CCS Control Call Signal on the Gateway?

Thanks in advance...

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

Heres the document which gives the configuration Meridian PBX for E1PRI signalling.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/cis3600/sw_conf/pbx_int/36ne1pri.pdf

sachon
Level 1
Level 1

if inbound calls work and outbound calls don't, its not an issue with your PRI configuration. If PRI was misconfigured, neither inbound nor outbound calls would work. I suspect that you have misconfigured outbout calling on either the GW or or GK. GW must be configed identifying a prefix (e.g., 9 for outbound calls @ 384k). This prefix must also be config'd in the GK so that when an H.323 endpoint dials 9*, that call attempt is forwarded to the GW. Contact TAC if you need more detailed config assistance...

Thanks for the input on this one. I see that the gateway has default service prefixes on it already(82, 83, 86, & 887. The GK is does not have any prefixes on it... Is there any docs. that state how to properly configure the GK to support the GW prefixes? If we are behind a PBX and have to dial 9 to reach the outside first, how do configure the GK to handle that first delimiter of 9 to get an outside line on the PBX?

The prefixes should auto register to the GK so one way to check if the Gateway prefixes are registered to the GK is to do "show gatekeeper gw-type-prefix" and you should see a listing there. Doing "show gatekeeper endpoint" will not show prefixes unless they are statically configured. Check this first to see you are in fact registering.

As far as how to dial out...I usually recommend using the technology prifix 9# on the gatekeeper and configure to profile to auto detect the calling speed so that you don't have to have a bunch of different prefixes, one for each desired speed. After you have this configured you would simply dial 9#, then 9 (to get out the PBX) and the ISDN number you are calling. This should work out for you.

Thanks for the feedback on this one.. I did check and the all prefixes (MCU & Gateway) showed up on the GK. If I am understanding this correctly, I should configure a new service prefix of 9# on the Gateway module with the default speed that I want all outbound ISDN calls to use. Once this is done, I create a tech prefix on the gatekeeper of 9# to match the prefix on the Gateway. All calls from the MCU should proceed with 9#, then 9 to reach the PBX and the the ISDN number which may include 1 for long distance.. is there a document that explains what is reuquired as far as configuration for the gatekeeper with only 1 zone and 1 GW with 1 MCU?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: