cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Increase VIC-2FXS Ringer output voltage

li-yuan
Level 1
Level 1

How to Increase VIC-2FXS Ringer output voltage in Cisco 2611XM Router or use other equipment to do? ios version is IP Plus 12.2(13)T, thanks!

5 Replies 5

b.speltz
Level 4
Level 4

I do not think there is any way to change the ringer voltage but if you are facing any ringer problems, you try can to change the ringing frequencies as some phones have a problem with this.

Try http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a008011c7f3.shtml#ringing

I use VIC-2FXS connect to Lucent G3 PBX ,but PBX can't detect the ring from FXS port.

I have run into the same issue with the VG248 these ports only output 45vAC ring voltage. I needed 90vAC. I finally found the following product from Viking the RG-10A.

http://www.vikingelectronics.com/

Here are the specs

Power: 120V AC/13.5V AC 1.25A UL listed power supply (included)

Ring Detection: 40V AC - 150V AC

Ring Generator: 90 V AC Nominal (15 REN)

Dimensions: 133 mm x 130 mm x 38 mm (5.25" x 5.1" x 1.5")

Weight: 1.2 kg (2.8 lbs.)

Environmental: 0° to 32° C (32° to 90° F) with 5% to 95% non-condensing humidity

Ringwave Shape: Saw tooth ring wave

Connections: (1) RJ11 jack, (1) RJ11 plug

The product worked great.

jtufail
Level 1
Level 1

You would have to buy an external device to boost the ring voltage. I filed an enhancement bug two years ago and I believe it was decided that it will not be incorporated.

CSCdt55387

Externally found enhancement defect: Assigned (A)

Need CLI to change ring voltage on FXS cards

I hope that helps.

Javed

I had have the same problem with Urmet's PABX. I resolved the problem using the module VIC-2DID that act as FXS, whith the feature that is possible change the output voltage. When you install this FXS you must insert those commands in voice-port configuration:

voice-port x/y

signal loopStart

idle-voltage high

I hope that helps.

Gilberto.