Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

interfacing with pbx

i have 2 router 1750-2v with E&M CARD .and serial interface for lease line conectivity.

each router will be in one site and will be connected to nortel meridian pbx through E&M INTERFACE AND the 2 routers will be connected through lease line.

the E&M INTERFACE WITH THE PBX IS CONFFIGURED WITH IMMEDIATE SIGNAL,TYPE 2,WIRE 4 ,BUT NO CONNECTIVITY WITH THE PBX ,HOW I CAN CONFIGURE THE E/M CARD AND WHICH DESTENATION PATTERN SHOULD I GAVE FOR THIS CARD?

I CAN GIVE IT ANY PATTERN LIKE 1111 OR I HAVE TO GIVE IT SOME THING CONFIGURED FROM THE PBX SITE MATCHING THE ROUTER,

HOW I CAN VERIFY THAT MY CONFIGURATION IS OK ,WHAT COMMAND?

I SHOULD CONFIGURE FORROWAD DIGIT OR NOT?

FROM THE PBX SITE HOW WILL BE THE FLOW

I MEAN THE PBX IS SHOULD BE CONFIGURE TO PRESS 9 TO GO TO PSTN AND PRESS 8 TO GO TO THE ROUTER E/M INTERFACE ?

WHAT DO YOU THING I HAVE TO DO? IF YOU HAVE AN EXAMPLE FROM CASE STUDY FOR LIKE THIS SITUATION?LINK ME.

WHEN I PRESS 8 TO GO TO THE E/M INTERFACE WHAT I SHOULD HEAR(DIAL TONE OR NOT)?

THE PBX ENGINEER CONFIGURE THE PBX ACCORDING TO MATCH EVERY THING IN THE ROUTER ?BUT HOW I CAN TELL HIM THERE IS SOME THING MISSING IN IT CONFIGURATION?MAY HE NEED TO TRUNK THE LINK TO THE E/M INTERFACE WHEN SOME PBX PHONE PRESS 8 TO GO VOICE OVER IP?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: interfacing with pbx

Check out this URL to troubleshoot the E&M issues

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/signalling/analog_em_ts.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content