cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS H.323 / H.320 Bonding with LifeSize Video Endpoint

roland.bellwald
Level 1
Level 1

To show real interoperability and integration, we enabled on a Cisco 28xx gateway IOS version 12.4(22)T the gatekeeper feature to register the video endpoint to and configured the same device to act as a gateway to do ISDN bonding with the connected PRI.

After some tuning and opening a TAC service request, the setup worked fine (except H.264 codec) with a Sony video endpoint for in and outbound calls with six channels.

As Sony will leave the European market and is not well known for good compatibility with other vendors, we wanted to show the same setup with a LifeSize video endpoint. Inbound calls worked excellent, but outbound calls made the LifeSize crash and require at least one reload to work again Maybe a little more in detail...

1. Outbound call initiated on the LifeSize
  2. The ISDN channels came up
  3. There did not seem to be much capability exchange (or it did not find a common capability)
  4. ISDN channels were disconnected
  5. LifeSize system remained in the "ringing" status and did not accept any input anymore
  6. video endpoint reload required

The exact same setup (we just switched the network cable back to Sony) did work well with the Sony

Did anyone experience a similar challenge with LifeSize and the Cisco gatekeeper and / or the H.320 bonding feature on the IOS gateway?

How to make Cisco - LifeSize going through some testing?

Hope you can help

Roland

1 Reply 1

Stefano Amici
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Roland,

I'm tring to setup a H.320 to H.323 connection between Sony Endpoint and Cisco CUCM infrastructure following the guide provided by Cisco:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk1077/technologies_configuration_example09186a00807ca099.shtml

but I have only voice communications.

Could you send me your VoiceGateway and Gatekeeper configuration?

This is my router configuration:

interface Serial0/1/0:15
no ip address
encapsulation hdlc
no logging event link-status
isdn switch-type primary-net5
isdn overlap-receiving T302 5000
isdn map address .* plan isdn type unknown
isdn send-alerting
isdn negotiate-bchan resend-setup cause-code 34 44
isdn disconnect-cause busy
isdn bchan-number-order ascending
isdn sending-complete
isdn integrate calltype all
no fair-queue
no cdp enable
!

dial-peer voice 100 pots
information-type video
voice-class called-number inbound 1
voice-class called-number outbound 1
incoming called-number xxxx
bandwidth maximum 384 minimum 384
direct-inward-dial
port 0/1/0:15
!
dial-peer voice 101 voip
destination-pattern 497
video codec h263+
rtp payload-type cisco-codec-video-h263+ 110
voice-class h323 2
session target ras
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!

num-exp xxxx  497

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Stefano

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: