cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP address for Gatekeeper

judybender
Level 1
Level 1

We're implementing the Cisco IP/VC 3540 and are going to use a 3640 router for the gatekeeper. Does the gatekeeper require it's own IP address or is it assigned the IP for one of the interfaces on the router?

6 Replies 6

aglowack
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can configure the gatekeeper to use the IP address of the Ethernet port on your 3640.

1. If you are using a stand alone router as a gatekeeper " router on a stick" with no other function you should configure the GK to use the IP address of the Ethernet port.

2. If you are configuring the gatekeeper on a router in the network that has multiple Ethernet or Serial connections I would suggest configuring a loopback interface and use the IP address of the loopback interface.

Is there any straight forward documentation for configuring the gatekeeper for Video over IP? The one document that I have found is not very comprehensive.

Send an email to me and I will send you a couple white papers with configuration examples. aglowack@cisco.com

I sent an email over a week ago, but haven't heard back.

Here is my email : bender@crd.ge.com

Thank you!

Sorry sending today, I didn't see your email....

qtyson
Level 1
Level 1

Also be aware of that if you plan on doing any redundancy i.e. gatekeeper HSRP, then you should do it up front. If not, you will have to go back and modify addresses that point to your gatekeeper... Are going to have one zone or mulitiple?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: