Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone to PSTN Via FXO

abuatiya
Level 1
Level 1

hello everybody ,

I would like to configure the two FXO ports connected to the router to be used by specific IP phone users ( Out going only) . The user should dial secret code then they will get a tone from the FXO port . So could you refer me with such example.

Note : im running MGCP and the traffic via IP phone gateway is via E1 trunk to PSTN

Regards,

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can create a route pattern in Callmanager such as 88.XXXXXXX where 88 would be your access code. Check the box that says "Provide Outside Dial Tone." Point the route pattern to a route list which contains a route group which contains the gateway. In route list configuration, go to the route list details for the route group that contains the gateway. Under Called Party Transformations, make Discard Digits PreDot. You could do the same thing for the other port with a different access code such as 77.XXXXXXX.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Dear bbuffin,

what Configuration should be done on FXO port or the analog gateway.

Do you have Example ?

Regards,

!

I would like to add one note

When i make outgoing call , the call keep silent for approx. 5 seconds then giving fast busy tone.

Regards,

Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009428e.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

My recommendation is run a H323 gateway. You'll get greater control of how the call is handled at the gateway level.