Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP/TV not working with XP/IBM T30 Laptop

This is an initial installation if IP/TV

I have cisco ip/tv that is working fine using multicast on a desktop running NT4.0, no problems at all.

When testing on other clients, I found that my laptop, an IBM Thinkpad T30 in a docking station, running XP professional the IP/tv video feed doesn't work (meaning that it connects to the content manager and pulls the scheduled program list down ok, but when I double-click on a program the videop window just comes up showing 0 frames per second.)

Following the ip/tv troubleshooting steps, f I change the server to unicast to my laptop, it comes up fine. SO does this mean I have a problem with the laptop NIC (built in IBM NIC) that it doesn't support multi-casting?

These are brand new laptops, I can't believe that anything gets built these dasy without support for multicast, but who knows....

Could it be something with XP and multicasting that doesn;t work right? Does anybody else have experience with IBM t30 laptops running ip/tv?

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: IP/TV not working with XP/IBM T30 Laptop

Are you connecting the Laptop to the same ethernet port as that you use for Desktop. If not, I suspect that multicasting is not configured on the segment that you are plugging in the laptop right now. May be you should confirm plugging in the laptop in the same port that the desktop connects now.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content