Views
Helpful
Replies

IP/VC 3540 vs. Sony PCS-1P /monitor disabled/

kdotzoltan_2004
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I would like to add a Sony PCS-1P (H.323) terminal to an existing Cisco (IP/VC 3540, software version 3.2)+ Polycom (Viewstation EX - several terminals) installation. The hole infrastructure runs on H.323, and there's no CCM, so SCCP isn't an option.

The gatekeeper is IOS based.

The Sony can register just fine to the gatekeeper, and can use all of it's facilities. Calling through the gatekeeper, but in point to point mode, it works fine, there are basically no interoperability issues with the Polycom terminals - even remote camera control works between them.

But when I want to use the MCU for a conference call, the Sony PCS-1P gets no image. It gets the sound and it can send both sound and video (other participants can see the image transmitted from the Sony camera). On the conference control web application, when the conference is accessed, each participant has usually 4 icons next to it: Microphone, Speaker, Monitor and Camera.

Well, the Monitor icon is completely missing from the Sony device, not just crossed over, like when the camera or microphone gets disabled.

All codecs, fps-s, etc. have been double checked (and tried several methods) to ensure they are the same both on the Sony and on the MCU. There should be no access right problems (I couldn't find any. Is there a place I should look specifically?)

As far as I can tell, there's no way to reenable the monitor, and I can find no indications in the logs either (they only record registering/unregistering devices).

ANY idea would be really appreciated, as I'm completely blocked by this issue.

thanks,

Zoltan

1 Reply 1

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

You need to enable

Support for the H.264 video codec.

The H264 protocol is enabled in the MCU service. MCU->Service->Edit (or Add)

Service ->Conference Views-> (select the icon on the upper right side to open 'Edit

View' window)->Video Scheme Settings (bottom of screen)-> Edit ->'Edit Video

Scheme' window opens. This is where you change the Video Format to H264 using the pull

down menu. With the software version you are running, all endpoints must be able to

handle H264.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: