cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPIPGW and Inter-Zone calls using NetMeeting

mmelbourne
Level 5
Level 5

I'm using Netmeeting to test inter-zone calls through an IPIPGW. The IPIPGW registered in the zone0-gk zone should be used to establish the calls between zones.

I have two local zones, zone1 and zone2 and I'm using NetMeeting to test basic connectivity, with one endpoint (1000) registered in zone1 and another (2000) in zone2.

When a call is placed from 1000 to 2000 a call arrives at 2000 from the ipipgw. When this is accepted, another call arrived from the endpoint itself. (The same occurs in the opposite direction).

I'm not sure whether this is a configuration error with the IPIPGW/GK or a feature of NetMeeting.

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

h323

!

interface Loopback0

description IPIPGW/GK Source Interface

ip address 10.0.0.10 255.255.255.255

h323-gateway voip interface

h323-gateway voip id zone0-gk ipaddr 10.0.0.10 1719

h323-gateway voip h323-id ipipgw

h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 10.0.0.10

!

interface FastEthernet0/0

ip address 192.168.0.100 255.255.255.0

ip route-cache same-interface

duplex auto

speed auto

!

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 2...

session target ras

codec transparent

!

dial-peer voice 2 voip

destination-pattern 1...

session target ras

codec transparent

!

gateway

timer receive-rtp 1200

!

gatekeeper

zone local zone0-gk test.com 10.0.0.10 invia zone0-gk outvia zone0-gk

zone local zone1 test.com invia zone0-gk outvia zone0-gk

zone local zone2 test.com invia zone0-gk outvia zone0-gk

no zone subnet zone1 default enable

zone subnet zone1 192.168.0.14/32 enable

no zone subnet zone2 default enable

zone subnet zone2 192.168.0.18/32 enable

zone prefix zone1 1...

zone prefix zone2 2...

no use-proxy zone1 default inbound-to terminal

no use-proxy zone1 default outbound-from terminal

no use-proxy zone2 default inbound-to terminal

no use-proxy zone2 default outbound-from terminal

no shutdown

6 Replies 6

michael_davis
Level 4
Level 4

I'm still learning IP2IP GW/Proxy, so I may be totally off the mark, but wouldn't you want to use proxy for terminal to terminal connections? Netmeeting, after all, is a h.320 terminal if I'm not mistaken.

You have that functionality disabled via:

no use-proxy zone1 default inbound-to terminal

no use-proxy zone1 default outbound-from terminal

no use-proxy zone2 default inbound-to terminal

no use-proxy zone2 default outbound-from terminal

Seems like netmeeting is treating the ARQ from this GK and the H.225 from your netmeeting like two different calls.

Does enabling the use-proxy in/out from all zones and terminals help?

Something like:

use-proxy zone1 default inbound-to terminal

use-proxy zone1 default outbound-from terminal

use-proxy zone2 default inbound-to terminal

use-proxy zone2 default outbound-from terminal

use-proxy zone1 default inbound-to gateway

use-proxy zone1 default outbound-from gateway

use-proxy zone2 default inbound-to gateway

use-proxy zone2 default outbound-from gateway

I am thinking that this extra connection I'm observing may be the separate T.120 channel, which flows around the IPIPGW (from the documentation I've read). There does appear to be little information regarding the IPIPGW (including via-zones and via-zone Gatekeepers) which describes its operation succinctly.

Very little documentation, indeed!

I'm aware of an old Netmeeting T.120 issue but it doesn't sound quite the same. One was able to set up the initial video call, but when you started sharing data, netmeeting initiated an additional T.120 call which failed. Is this what you are referring to?

So, are you are able to set up the initial video or voice call? My understanding was that there was no successful setup.

Anyway, it might well be worthwhile to place a sniffer in front off or co-resident with the netmeeting receiving, or trying to receive, the call(s).

I just went back and re-read your original post. (Couldn't do that while writing before!)

Is the second connect immediate? I'm wondering what could be triggering the second T1.20 call?

It does appear that it's the T.120 session (tcp/1503) which is causing this second connection. Perhaps it's because the IPIPGW is implementing flow-around for T.120, and the IP addresses are different (this fits in with the "nbtstat -a" connections which show that the tcp/1503 connections are directly between the endpoints and not via the IPIPGW.

However, this aside, I am trying to get IPIPGW to 'proxy' a connection between two local zones. I believe this is achievable not least because it is possible to use the IPIPGW for intra-zone calls, so inter-zone (for two local zones) should also be possible.

The connection is made and I see the inbound and outbound dial-peers matched (all have 'codec transparent' configured) and the call is set-up but I don't see any video, only audio.

However, "show call active video" (attached) shows that there are two active H.323 call legs.

I have since tried this using OpenPhone instead of NetMeeting (just in case this was a NetMeeting issue, but I am still unable to use the IPIPGW to get up a video call between two local zones.

One OpenPhone believes it is transmitting video data, and the other believes it is receiving video data, but the receiving OpenPhone doesn't display the video (which is consistent with the behaviour observed with NetMeeting). The audio is working.

The output of "show call active video" shows the inbound and outbound audio legs, but only the outbound video leg, not the inbound leg:

Outgoing Channel Number = 259

Type = VIDEO

TX Bandwidth = 8250

RemotePort = 49590

LocalPort = 17538

SelectedQos = best-effort

Incoming Channel Number = 258

Type = AUDIO

RX Bandwidth = 63

RemotePort = 49592

LocalPort = 16766

Outgoing Channel Number = 258

Type = AUDIO

TX Bandwidth = 640

RemotePort = 49592

LocalPort = 16766

Examples on CCO show configurations for using the IPIPGW between an endpoint in a local zone and a remote zone endpoint. I'm unable to find any examples of the use of IPIPGW to set up a call between endpoints in local zones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: