Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

IPIPGW and PIX firewall

I am trying to make an IPIPGW accessible through a PIX 6.3(5) firewall. The H.323 ras and H225 fixups are enabled, but connections to the IPIPGW are not established; the firewall generates an error "call proceeding before setup". The workaround appears to be to disable both fixups and open >1024 ports, which is less than ideal. What generates the "call proceeding before setup" and can it be worked around on the IPIPGW; I've tried both slow- and fast-start connections.

3 REPLIES

Re: IPIPGW and PIX firewall

Hi,

this is really an odd issue. The Q.931 sequence of call setup is:

A SETUP --> B

(optionally B can reply with "SETUP->ACK", or if it is an overlapped number, but this does not count for H.323)

B CALL PROCEEDING / PROGRESS / ALERT --> A

B CONNECT --> A

It is very basic, but in general that is the procedure. Cisco says that a SETUP message has arrived after the CALL PROCEEDING one, which is incorrect. An H.323 (H225) debug would bring some light to the issue.

We have a network of Cisco voice gateways, Call managers, thirf party gatekeepers and gateways, calling each other through a Cisco 6.4 PIX and it works (however we had some nasty troubles with path mtu discovery).

I get the same problem using Polycom Gear. Did it ever get resolved ? Did 7.x Pix code solve anything?

I have a PIX 501 here at home and cannot get h.323 through it period.

Do a no fixup on h323 and ras..I missed that you've already don that.. Sorry.. :)

Views
Helpful
Replies