Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IPTV and AAA

Hello,

Does anyone know what sort of AAA capabilities are available with IPTV. Can we, for example, reference an ACS server for authentication of users. Can we also specify who can see and do what. And finally, are their accounting records that could be billed back somehow?

TIA,

Dave

1 REPLY
Green

Re: IPTV and AAA

Most of IPTV functions are CGI under Apache. Though (probably) not supported by Cisco, I believe you can implement additional Apache modules, including RADIUS support, and LDAP support.

The Content Manager allows you to assign "channels," and assign passwords to channels or individual A/V content.

Accounting/Bill-back? I don't know.

You aren't necesarily limited to the Cisco client. There are examples in the books on integrating the A/V into a web page - I've set up Lab demos based on the examples in the books, I know they work OK.

Depending on what you have in mind, you may be able to just set up a Web site with all the controls you're looking for.

Good Luck

Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies