Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IPTV Content Manager

It has been a few years since I have worked with an IPTV. A customer has called and wants to know how to manage his server. He wants a user to be able to set up some feeds. Is there a place you put in a static address for a user to have full access to the content manager. Currently the user gets a message that he has read only. He is using DHCP but I will make a reservation for him. Is it somewhere in the gui or is it a text file you have to edit?

Thanks,

Jay

1 REPLY
Green

Re: IPTV Content Manager

Depending on the version ...

Newer versions (~3.2 IIRC) require you to edit the security files of the Apache Web server used as the interface for the Content Manager. The password for "Admin" (the default account) is set at installation time but is editable as a text file. I don't have access to my CM right now, but if you follow the path for the CM on the server, you'll find it under the Apache directory structure.

Earlier versions had no security to the CM. If you can get to the CM screen with your browser, you can add or change content. There may be some issues with uploading content (Windows NT4 or WIN2K security applies to directory privileges). That restriction can be changed by defining the user's rights under the Microsoft User Admin utilities.

I'll try to post a specific path and filename for Apache when I get back to work later this week.

Good Luck

Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies