Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISDN telephone on VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE

I have a problem connecting a PBX on a 2800 with vic-2bri-nt/te where the isdn card must be NT. I focused the problem on the tei assignment. The PBX is expecting tei from thr 2800 but it does not supply. I changed the PBX with an ISDN telephone and through debug I see that the router receives tei requests but still does not supply. I tried several commands stll no solution.

Anyone knows how I can supply tei from the router?

11 REPLIES
Silver

Re: ISDN telephone on VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE

Hi, have you tried the next commands?

interface bri

isdn static-tei 0

isdn point-to-point-setup

It has worked always for me.

Yes I did.

The isdn static-tei 0 makes the router have the tei 0, not the telephone. What I want is the router to provide tei to the telephone.

Thanks anyway..

Any other ideas?

Silver

After looking all information I don't think the router can send the tei. I think the static tei and the point-to-point connection type it should be configured over the PBX, you can't do any more over the router, only openning a TAC case...

Regards

We have been able to connect an ISDN phone to an interface with this config:

interface BRI0/0/0

no ip address

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn protocol-emulate network

isdn layer1-emulate network

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn static-tei 0

isdn skipsend-idverify

line-power

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_configuration_example09186a008010ef6c.shtml

/Martin

I ve done that myself, however, when I pickup the phone I can not call because there is no tone, and there is no tone because the phone does not get a TEI from the router. By putting isdn static-tei 0, the router has a static tei, not the connected device. I assume your phone does not request for tei, or has a static tei like the router (after you put the command to the router).

I that right?

what is the brand/model of the phone you connected?

Finally, if you do not give the static tei command and configure tei negotiation, the router and the telephone exchange tei and it works!

Thanks for your replies!

Dear Christos,

I have the same problem with my 2821 router and unfortunately I still have no solution. The only difference that I use Eicon BRI card instead of ISDN phone but the card works perfectly with our office PBX. In debug I see that IDREQ request comes to router then router assigns TEI and goes to TEI_ASSIGNED state but nothing is sent back to Eicon card (output packet counter of BRI int. is always 0) therefore after some seconds the card repeats request and so on. Could you send me your working configuration and tell me what was wrong with your initial configuration.

Best Regards,

Andrey

Sure. Remember that you need the cable to be cross (3-4 goes to 5-6).

interface BRI3/0

no ip address

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn protocol-emulate network

isdn tei-negotiation first-call

isdn layer1-emulate network

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn sending-complete

isdn skipsend-idverify

line-power

Maybe you do not need the line-power coomand. For telephone, you do..

It worked only with IP Voice IOS !!!

Hope that helps..

Chris.

Thanks Chris. Unfortunately I have exactly the same configuration you gave me but it doesn't work. Of course I have cross-wired cable and I'm using advanced IP services IOS. Line-power command has no effect on situation. Probably combination of interface cards installed in my router (or their configuration options) leads to such fault.

Andrey

NOT ADVANCED IP SERVICES IOS!

For me it worked in 12.4.11T and 12.4.12 in both "ip voice" and "advances enterprise services", not in advanced ip services!

Try with those...

Many thanks! It's working!

The problem was really with IOS but not with feature set but with release. My "old" IOS was 12.4(9)T1 and at the moment when I started to solve the problem it was the latest release. Several weeks have gone and they have already published two new releases. Good speed. I have downloaded 12.4(11)T advanced IP services and everything seems OK.

Just as help for everyone - if you get a problem check for new IOS releases first. This will certanly keep your time.

Andrey

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content