cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN2 Back to Back conf (VIC2-BRI to Video Conf Unit) is this possible?

ccpagel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE which I need to connect to a Video Conferencing unit. I have configured the following but I'm getting no layer-1.

interface BRI0/2/0

description *** VC

no ip address

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn protocol-emulate network

isdn static-tei 0

I have tried both straight through and ISDN crossover cables as below.

3 -> 4

4 -> 3

5 -> 6

6 -> 5

Can anyone offer an advice on this?

Thanks,

Chris

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need a crossed cable and also "isdn layer1-emulate network".

Hope this helps,m please rate post if it does!

I already had that configured and it hasn't helped (although it wasn't in the config I had shown). Thanks for your input anyway.

I actually found this Cisco Doc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_configuration_example09186a008010ef6c.shtml

But its still not working so maybe I have a cabling issue or theres something up with the VC unit. At least I know now that the config is correct.

The following URL might give you some more ideas on how to do TDM switching through the BRI/PRI voice ports -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00804794c6.shtml

If you are outside of North America, remember to set the companing to a-law on the voice port - once the call connects the DSP will be dropped and a pure TDM connection made as long as the E1 and BRI companding are the same.

Some external BRI devices don't like to negotiate a TEI, so you can set a static TEI of 0 using the D channel command 'isdn static-tei 0' and doing a shut/no shut on the interface.

If this still does not help, run a debug ISDN Q921 and log the results after plugging in the external unit and performing the shut/no shut on the D channel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: