Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ISDN2 Back to Back conf (VIC2-BRI to Video Conf Unit) is this possible?

I have a VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE which I need to connect to a Video Conferencing unit. I have configured the following but I'm getting no layer-1.

interface BRI0/2/0

description *** VC

no ip address

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn protocol-emulate network

isdn static-tei 0

I have tried both straight through and ISDN crossover cables as below.

3 -> 4

4 -> 3

5 -> 6

6 -> 5

Can anyone offer an advice on this?

Thanks,

Chris

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: ISDN2 Back to Back conf (VIC2-BRI to Video Conf Unit) is thi

You need a crossed cable and also "isdn layer1-emulate network".

Hope this helps,m please rate post if it does!

I already had that configured and it hasn't helped (although it wasn't in the config I had shown). Thanks for your input anyway.

I actually found this Cisco Doc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_configuration_example09186a008010ef6c.shtml

But its still not working so maybe I have a cabling issue or theres something up with the VC unit. At least I know now that the config is correct.

Cisco Employee

The following URL might give you some more ideas on how to do TDM switching through the BRI/PRI voice ports -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00804794c6.shtml

If you are outside of North America, remember to set the companing to a-law on the voice port - once the call connects the DSP will be dropped and a pure TDM connection made as long as the E1 and BRI companding are the same.

Some external BRI devices don't like to negotiate a TEI, so you can set a static TEI of 0 using the D channel command 'isdn static-tei 0' and doing a shut/no shut on the interface.

If this still does not help, run a debug ISDN Q921 and log the results after plugging in the external unit and performing the shut/no shut on the D channel.

Views
Helpful
Replies