Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLQ policy counters not incrementing

I have created a LLQ policy on a 1721 running 12.2(4)YH2 but the counters do not incrementing. I disabled fast-swithcing and the counters increment. Is this correct and is LLQ being used even though the counters do not show the packets being matched? I have a 3620 running CEF and the LLQ counters do increment, the 1721 does not support CEF (I am running IP only, not sure whether I need IP Plus to use CEF. Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES

Re: LLQ policy counters not incrementing

Aside from the CEF requiring a different code, I am still unsure why fast-switched packets do not show as incrementing the policy map. Yet they do on CEF enabled routers. Is this related to the IOS or a feature of fast switching?

The Cisco IOS image which you are using, doesnt have the CEF Feature support on it. For a Cisco 1721, the IOS recommended for the features relating to CEF are:

12.2(13)T or 12.2(13)T1. Following CEF Features are available in it:

* CEF on Multipoint GRE Tunnels

* CEF/dCEF - Cisco Express Forwarding

* CEFv6/dCEFv6 - Cisco Express Forwarding

So, an IOS upgrade to your router should help you solve the problem. You can verify the above recommened versions from the Software Advisor as given in the url below:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/CompNav/CN1.pl?HMajorRelease=&HFeatSelected=1211%7C315%7C1303&HReleaseNumber=All&HReleaseId=-1&HPlatformFamilyName=1721&HPlatformFamilyId=103&HFeatureSetName=NS&HFeatureSetId=0&HRN_Given=1&HPF_Given=0&HFS_Given=0&...

I hope, this will help you.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content