cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Long Distance Access codes on PRI.

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

I am having an issue with our Tandberg Video units calling Long Distance numbers.

Our topology is: We have multiple Video Units hooked up to our network that register to a Cisco gatekeeper. We also have a Tandberg Gateway that has a PRI that connects to a Cisco 2821 that also has the PSTN PRI in it. All our Cisco IP phones use the 2821 for PSTN access, and the Video units use the Tandberg Gateway which sends the call to the 2821 for PSTN access.

All this is working fine for Local calls.

However our PSTN PRI requires that we dial an access code to call Long Distance, which the IP phones can do with no problem however the Video units fail. Unlike the phone there is no Tone to allow a user to input an access code, it just hangs up.

Has anyone run into this scenario before and have any ideas to make it work?

Thanks

Ken

2 Replies 2

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

how does the config of the 2821 look like? Maybe you can tweak something with translation pattern inserting the access code in case the call comes from the Video unit.

Hope this helps

Martin

Martin, thanks for the reply,

I have set up translation rules. However the call gets rejected from the PSTN, I am asuming because I am sending 13 digits (11 for the long distance number plus the 2 digit access code) in the q931 setup message

the config is real basic h323 on the 2821, basically if you see a 9 send it out the PSTN port.

if anyone needs any more info. please let me know

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: