cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCM IOS H.323->H.320 conversion

p.hanagan
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to deploy a 2651XM with the MCM image acting as a GK with an VWIC-1MFT-E1 (ISDN 30) card installed.

I want the 2600 to act as a gateway to the ISDN netowrk for IP only endpoints. I know the IPVC 3526 can do this, but wanted to combine GK and ISDN connectivity in the same box ?

3 Replies 3

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AS long as the GK feature is in the SW image you are using, this should work.

To get a 2651XM to act as a gateway wouldn't you need dsp resources for the conversion from IP to ISDN? Also aren't the standard DSP's for cisco voice gateway's on supporting voice codec's and not video?

-Brian

Only the 3521, 3526 or the 3540 gateway module for the 3544 Chassis can be used for the H.320 gateway function, and these devices are dedicated to this task.

As Brian above correctly states, you would require DSP resources from the router in order to perform the H.323 to H.320 conversion, and this process is quite CPU intensive, especially if you look to include the more advanced video coding such as H.264 and H.239 dual streams.

I doubt that we will see support for an H.323 gateway application on anything other than these dedicated devices.