cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Medianet 4.0 different video classes

jkeeffe
Level 2
Level 2

In the Medianet Campus SRND 4.0 (pg 1-32) video is divided into four QoS classes:

Broadcast Video

Real-Time Interactive

Multimedia Conferencing

Multimedia Streaming

We have a mix of Tandberg and Cisco video conferencing codecs and I'm not sure what QoS class to put them in so that I mark the packets with the correct markings.

I know they don't fall into the Broadcast Video or Multimedia Streaming, so it's a question of whether they fall into Real-Time or Multimedia Conf.

Here are the types of codecs we have:

C series

EX60

C-20, 40, 60, 90

MXP series

880, 6000, Edge 85, Edge 95

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you have cisco CTS end point such as 1000 or 3000 series it is best practice to mark this video as CS4 while other vc traffic to be marked as af41

If you have only small endpoints video in your network you use any of the above but make sure this marking to aligned with the wan SP video marking for end to end qos

Hope this help

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you have cisco CTS end point such as 1000 or 3000 series it is best practice to mark this video as CS4 while other vc traffic to be marked as af41

If you have only small endpoints video in your network you use any of the above but make sure this marking to aligned with the wan SP video marking for end to end qos

Hope this help

What is the wan SP video marking you mention?

If you run your video traffic over the WAN cloud if you have one between different locations where you can buy different qos classes for end to end qos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: