cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP RouteList failover won't work with down T1 circuit

jamesfang98
Level 1
Level 1

Today, I observe this situation which prove Cisco MGCP Callmanager route list won't failover to 2nd route group when the 1st route group's T1 circuit is down.

Ie, RoutePattern 9.@ -> RouteList: RL_siteA -> Two RouteGroup: VGW1_T1 and VGW2_T2 which in turn point to the different T1 circuit in different vgw.

When VGW1_T1 circuit status get error 'TEI_Assigned' other than 'Multi_Frame_estabished', Callmanager still show this T1 circuit regsitered and never use 2nd circuit which is VGW2_T2.

So users cannot place outbound calls due to this failed vgw1-T1 circuit even though vgw2-T2 is up.

Is it callmanager limitation?

Anyone know the workaround without manual task to remove and/or re-order route group inside the route list.

My ccm is: 4.1.3

mgcp ver: 0.1

3 Replies 3

jamesfang98
Level 1
Level 1

Addon here:

If vgw1 router is completed down, then 2nd route group will be used.

Hope anyone have such observation and find out any workaround and/or contact Cisco TAC for assistance.

Clouse_2
Level 1
Level 1

What worked for me was the service parameter "Stop Routing on Unassigned Number Flag".

Appreciate for the share.

Acutally, the issue was due to hang up local T1 port (no PSTN vendor issue) - after reset it came backup. So I didn't have chance to test out this parameter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: