Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Newbie question on broadcasting films, tv over the internet

Hi, I am trying to figure out what solutions are available to broadcast live tv programs, films over the internet. I was watching a live feed of a TV program over the internet and it was very clear. It was kind of surprising and I am wondering how was it achieved. Maybe its common knowledge but I guess I do not understand how they were able to overcome the bandwidth limitations etc. Any links, explanations on how to do this would be great. Thanks

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Newbie question on broadcasting films, tv over the internet

For enterprise networks, IP/TV is the product available from Cisco, for live video over IP and for video on demand. A primer for this and other video over IP solutions can be found at http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns264/c649/ccmigration_09186a00800e02ed.pdf.

MPEG1/MPEG2/MPEG4 encoding options are available to make optimum use of the available bandwidth. Multicasting the live stream also helps to conserve the bandwidth.

Views
Helpful
Replies