cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PBX Integration

leechehcheng
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a scenario, just would like to know the possible solution.

I have 2 sites, each site having PBX which having a Q.SIG PRI connection to 2651XM router. PBX send G711 to 2651XM gateway. Is that possible for gateway to transcode G711 to G729 and send the call via WAN link to another site? If yes, what is the solution? If not, any alternative solution?

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, CallManager does transcoding, and one can specify the codec to use between regions, but I think in the scenerio described here, the PRI between the router and the PBX is treated like a connection to the PSTN (from the router's perspective). The only "IP-leg" of the call is between the two routers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

m.christian
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like you have a "line-side" PRI between your PBX and router. Are the 2651's setup as H.323 gateways? If yes, you can set the codec when you define the dial-peers.

Totally agree!

you should configure the codec in the dial-peer that points to the remote router and its PBX.

Otherwise you can create a voice-class codec and its preferences. example preference 1 g729r8, preference2 g711ulaw and so on.

the codec used in the wan link should be g729, or g723.

hope it works.

Orlando.

It doesn't work with just configure the codec. If not mistaken transcode need to be done with CCM or CME. But is anyone have a sample scenario for this case?

Yes, CallManager does transcoding, and one can specify the codec to use between regions, but I think in the scenerio described here, the PRI between the router and the PBX is treated like a connection to the PSTN (from the router's perspective). The only "IP-leg" of the call is between the two routers.