cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycom DMA End-Point to VCSc End-Point; One-Way Video and Then Disconnects

Michael Mertens
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new VCSc with an MX200 dialing an EX60 registered to Polycom DMA via a SIP trunk (both end-points are SIP). When dialing from MX200/VCSc to EX60/DMA, calls are connected and remain connected. However, when dialing from EX60/Polycom DMA to VCSc/MX200, call connects, but then disconnects (on the MX200) after 30 seconds. Call history on the MX200 shows local disconnected for the reason. The EX60 only shows that the video portion has stopped (although I can no longer hear any audio).

Does anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks!

Mike.

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Firstly, your question would be better placed in the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are more actively discussed than in the Video Over IP section you've posted in - I'd suggest you move your discussion.

But to start to address your problem - the first place to look would be on the firewalls - check to see if they're blocking any of the SIP traffic.  Also disable any SIP packet inspection - the packet inspection has been known in the past (especially with H.323 calls) to cause issues.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your quesiton as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne for the input. I should have included the fact that this was all internal infrastructure. The problem ended up being rule ordering on the Polycom DMA, which still doesn't sit well with me, but it works :) 

Thanks for the input, and agree on the TelePresence section would have been better placement. I'm sure I'll have other opportunities :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: