Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Polycom HDX call problems to system behind Border controller

We struggeling to call from Polycom HDX systems registered to a Polycom VBP to video systems behind a Tandberg Border controller. The reason is that Polycom dont accept URI dialing the same way as Tandberg, Polycom strip @domain or @IP from the call setup and send only H323id or e164 number to the Border controller. Then the BC dont get the LRQ in a format it want and cant find the system in its list. It is possible for us to call to anoter system (same type) on a different BC at another partners location. I have heard that it is possible to get the BC to search for e164 numbers also in addition to e164/h323@domain. And also it is possible to make some rules that add @domain if it is not present in the call setup. BUT i cant fint how to make those changes in the BC and does not know how the rules should be. I dont administrate those BCs so I have only searched for the setup in admin guide and on forums and have to give correct information to my partners to change this.

This is what tested. System A is a HDX behind a Polycom VBP, system B could be a Tandberg, Codian bridge or a Polycom system behind a Tandberg Bordercontroller, same probem. And system C could be a Tandberg, Codian bridge or a Polycom system behind another Tandberg Bordercontroller.

System A call xxx@example1.com calling to system B - call setup to the BC but not accepted. (setup message received at BC is only xxxx)

System A call xxx@example2com - calling to system C - call setup to the BC, setup ok because the BC search for number when not @example.com is present.

Anyone that knows what rule to implement, and where? VBP are not in neighborship with any of those BCs.

Views
Helpful
Replies