cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI over T1

vanagon2tdi
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a provider in Houston giving me a PRI in our Houston office. I also have a Sprint T1 from that office to my office in Caglary (Canada). What I am trying to do is bring the Houston dial-tone to the Caglary office over the T1 ciruit.

When I plug the providers PRI into the T1 (destine for Calgary office) layer 1 comes up and layer 2 comes up saying MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED. Then after about 10 seconds or so, the layer 2 says TIMER_RECOVERY. Because of this no calls are able to go through.

I have confirmed with the Telco that we are both using the same settings. Also when I plug the PRI in Houston into my local router (router in Houston office) the PRI comes up and calls work fine.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

vanagon2tdi
Level 1
Level 1

I actually got it working now, only issue is that I am getting slips on the link now?

if those are slip second errors, I have seen the very same thing, and it has to do with clocking. If you are passing between a PRI and a T1, you will need to see that only one is providing the clocking, and the other is accepting that clocking from the first, so that they are in sync.