cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS configuration for Cisco VTA and Tandberg 3000 MXP

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

I am using Auto QoS on all switches (mostly 3550s and 3560s switches) with LLQ QoS enabled on the WAN for voice traffic only. I currently have about 15 VTA Cameras on my network and all seems to be working fine so far without any QoS enable for video traffic. I will be adding about 15 more VTA cameras and two Tandberg 3000 MXP video conferencing systems. I am looking into how to configure QoS for video traffic.

Does anybody have config examples specific to the Tandberg 3000 and Cisco VTA camera ? or any documentations ?

Any helps/inputs/suggestions will be hightly appreciated !!!

Thanks in advance !!

Danny

2 Replies 2

Danny,

VT advantage works slightly different than traditional video conferencing. VT Advantage media streams are hard set to use UDP 5445. Signaling is controlled by the phone. The audio stream and video stream will be marked by the cisco phone/vt advantage with well known af41 for video. Both are tagged at the same DSCP level to preserve speech to video (lip sync). The phone packets should be trusted by most typical Cisco deployments (auto qos or standard trust statements). The data packets (video portion of the call) will come over the pc vlan so you need to make sure that UDP 5445 is in a QoS policy to be tagged at af41. I wouldn't recommend trusting on the data port as another malicious app could mark it's packets at af41 and wreak havoc on your queues. If your switch cannot set the packets AF41 do it later down stream at the router. Follow the standard steps for queueing on your switches as referenced in the QoS SRND.

On your WAN links setup a priority queue for video. This will be one of the harder steps as you need to diagnose your traffic flows. Make sure you are matching a class for the video LLQ that looks for AF41.

On your Tandberg unit you have a specifi option for video marking and voice marking. Set both to AF41. Set the switchport that the VC is plugged into to trust DSCP.

Check out the IP Video Telephony SRND and the QoS SRND for more detail.

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns268/c649/ccmigration_09186a00804ff6ba.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns432/c649/ccmigration_09186a008049b062.pdf

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Danny,

Another thing, if you aren't using a gatekeeper the CCM can also do Locations CAC for video calls. You should setup Locations on your video devices to match your LLQs on your router. This will prevent horrible quality video and voice and with an option to retry a video call as voice.

Thanks

Fred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: