Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS for Video Data

walu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Together,

I like to implement a QoS Policy class to prioritise "Windows Netmeeting". Does somebody know the well known port number and can somebody recommend an bandwidth that i should provide at least to this class ?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

As you can find in the Netmeeting IP ports table below, netmeeting uses dynamic ports for Video streaming. So I am not really sure how you can configure QoS for the same.

Anyone has a good tip to achieve this.?

Port Purpose

-------------------------------------

389 Internet Locator Server (TCP)

522 User Location Server (TCP)

1503 T.120 (TCP)

1720 H.323 call setup (TCP)

1731 Audio call control (TCP)

Dynamic H.323 call control (TCP)

Dynamic H.323 streaming (RTP over UDP)

aglowack
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Depending on how many NetMeeting users you are going to support the MCM proxy would be an easy way to accomplish this. The proxy would be used for any video call that needs to cross your WAN link . The proxy is basically an IP-IP gateway that will allow you to mark traffic with IP Precedence and also give you a single IP address for WAN access. This will minimize your configuration and give you security against unauthorized users.

Thanks for your response. I´ve never heard about the MCM proxy !!

Is it a feature for Cisco Router or is it a Microsoft based Issue ??.

If it is an Cisco Feature, it would be very kind of you to send me an configuration example. If it is not a Cisco feature could you pls provide me a link where i can find more information about MCM ??.

Thanks in advance.