Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS on one end is it enogh ?

shadiabujubba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all ,

In the branch we have VoIP Server ( open source ) connected to our Cisco Router 7200 ,

I build class map based on ACL contains the IP range of our SIP phones with codec G711

then I put it inside policy map and give it priority 25% , the total BW is 2M E1 then I applied it to the output serial interface in the router ?

in one moment we have around 5 callsor less  to the other branch , but unfortunatly the settings sometimes not working and we get bad quality in the calls !!

what is worng on my setup ? and do I need to ask the other branch to do the same thing or QoS in one end is fair enogh to guarantee good calls between the two branches ?

regards

3 Replies 3

shadiabujubba
Level 1
Level 1

is it difficult to answer this question ?

Hi

The requirements for voice are the same in both directions - same bandwith, same jitter/latency requirements.

As such you need to configure it on both ends of the link.

If the link is not a simple, direct, point-to-point link (e.g. it's actually MPLS or whatever) you would also need to engage with your service provider to ensure traffic is correctly prioritised through their network.

Have you also verified traffic is being prioritised with 'show policy-map interface xxx'?

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

thnx dear for your response ,

in regards of " show policy-map int XX " command i tested it but no thing is match !!!!

the ip phone has IP 192.168.1.240 and the ACL I used tp apply in class map is

deny ip 192.168.1.255

permit 192.168.1.240 0.0.0.15

deny ip any

assuming the IP range 192.168.1.240 - 192.168.1.254 will be reserved for IP phone ...

but no match in the ACL , why ?

regards ,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: