Views
Helpful
Replies

Reboot router

georgecisco01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What is the right command to reboot the router remotely after you telnet into it. I got 3640.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The command is "reload".

Let me add a tip that you can use when doing configuration changes from remote, eg access-list, routing, NAT. With these commands, and many others, sometime you can break the connection, effectively locking you out. So what you do, is to schedule a reload like in 20 min. If you complete the configuration as intended, you go ahead, cancel the reload, and save the configuration.

But if something goes wrong and you are locked out, the router will reload with the previous configuration, and you can telnet again and start over.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The command is "reload".

Let me add a tip that you can use when doing configuration changes from remote, eg access-list, routing, NAT. With these commands, and many others, sometime you can break the connection, effectively locking you out. So what you do, is to schedule a reload like in 20 min. If you complete the configuration as intended, you go ahead, cancel the reload, and save the configuration.

But if something goes wrong and you are locked out, the router will reload with the previous configuration, and you can telnet again and start over.

Please rate useful posts.

Your advise will be taken and appreciated.

Thank you.