Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Reboot router

Hi,

What is the right command to reboot the router remotely after you telnet into it. I got 3640.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Reboot router

The command is "reload".

Let me add a tip that you can use when doing configuration changes from remote, eg access-list, routing, NAT. With these commands, and many others, sometime you can break the connection, effectively locking you out. So what you do, is to schedule a reload like in 20 min. If you complete the configuration as intended, you go ahead, cancel the reload, and save the configuration.

But if something goes wrong and you are locked out, the router will reload with the previous configuration, and you can telnet again and start over.

Please rate useful posts.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

The command is "reload".

Let me add a tip that you can use when doing configuration changes from remote, eg access-list, routing, NAT. With these commands, and many others, sometime you can break the connection, effectively locking you out. So what you do, is to schedule a reload like in 20 min. If you complete the configuration as intended, you go ahead, cancel the reload, and save the configuration.

But if something goes wrong and you are locked out, the router will reload with the previous configuration, and you can telnet again and start over.

Please rate useful posts.

Your advise will be taken and appreciated.

Thank you.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content